Check out Angela’s site for some beautifully photographed step-by-step illustrations at : http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/
Ingredients (for 3 cups of almond milk)
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked in water
- 3 cups filtered water
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 whole vanilla bean, chopped (or 1-2 tsp organic vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- small pinch of fine grain sea salt, to enhance the flavour
- 1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. It’s preferred to soak them overnight (for 8-12 hours) in the water
- 2. Rinse and drain the almonds and place into a blender along with filtered water, pitted dates, and chopped vanilla bean.
- 3. Blend on highest speed for 1 minute or so.
- 4. Place a nut milk bag over a large bowl and slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag. Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk. This took me about 3-5 minutes to get all the milk out.
- 5. Rinse out blender and pour the milk back in. Add the cinnamon and pinch of sea salt and blend on low to combine.
- 6. Pour into a glass jar to store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Shake jar very well before using as the mixture separates when sitting.